Bank records show that the Chinese tycoon that Hunter Biden coerced on a newly revealed WhatsApp message actually did send over $5 million to the Bidens within days of the threatening exchange.
An IRS whistleblower who had previously led the investigation into Hunter Biden, until he was removed prior to the 2020 elections, said in Congressional testimony under oath that Hunter Biden sent the strongly worded message pressuring Harvest Fund Management director Henry Zhao.
Hunter reportedly said he was “sitting here with my father [Joe Biden] and we would like to understand why the commitment made has not been fulfilled.”
“Tell the director that I would like to resolve this now before it gets out of hand, and now means tonight,” Hunter Biden added. “And, Z, if I get a call or text from anyone involved in this other than you, Zhang, or the chairman, I will make certain that between the man sitting next to me and every person he knows and my ability to forever hold a grudge that you will regret not following my direction.”
Joe Biden has repeatedly denied knowledge of Hunter Biden’s international business deals, and has condemned reports that he may have benefited from his son’s illicit affairs with Chinese state officials and businessmen, as well as Ukrainian petrogas oligarchs.
The IRS says that the agency acquired the message from Hunter Biden to Henry Zhao, the CEO of Harvest Fund Management, on July 30, 2017.
Thus, Rep. Claudi Tenney (R-NY) explained in a thread, it is highly plausible that Joe Biden may actually have been in the room with Hunter Biden when the alleged threat was made.
“Photos from Hunter Biden’s laptop place the President’s son at the Biden family’s Wilmington Delaware home on the same day the WhatsApp message was sent: July 30, 2017,” she said.
Furthermore, there are bank records backing up that Zhao actually sent over $5 million dollars to Hunter Biden ten days later, and then moved over $1 million to Joe Biden’s brother’s consulting firm. The bank then shut down his account due to suspected money laundering.
The New York Times’ Ken Vogel reported that “Within 10 days of Hunter Biden’s WhatsApp message to the Chinese official associated with CEFC, a CEFC subsidiary sent 2 payments totaling $5.1 million to accounts linked to Hunter, according to records cited in the Senate GOP Investigation.”
The IRS whistleblower says Hunter sent a message demanding money from a Chinese Communist in late July 2017 while sitting next to his dad. Less than a week later, CEFC China wires a Biden LLC $5 million. China is not an ally. We are moving into the realm of possible treason. pic.twitter.com/TletRYrdAr— Rob Schmitt (@SchmittNYC) June 23, 2023
Hunter Biden used his father to pressure his Chinese business partner to send him millions of dollars.— Greg Price (@greg_price11) June 23, 2023
10 days later, he received a payment of $5.1 million from the Chinese to his law firm.
He then moved over $1 million to Joe Biden's brother's consulting firm.
Their bank than… pic.twitter.com/1IwjtZploy
However, in a statement provided to Fox News Digital, Christopher Clark, an attorney representing Hunter Biden, claimed that these claims are highly deceptive. Furthermore, that the IRS whistleblower allegedly committed an “illegal” act by leaking the WhatsApp message, which the Department of Justice reportedly kept from IRS investigators prior to Hunter Biden’s preliminary “plea deal.”
“Biased and politically-motivated, selective leaks have plagued this matter for years. They are not only irresponsible, they are illegal. A close examination of the document released publicly yesterday by a very biased individual raises serious questions over whether it is what he claims it to be. It is dangerously misleading to make any conclusions or inferences based on this document,” Clark said. “The DOJ investigation covered a period which was a time of turmoil and addiction for my client.
Clark also said that “Any verifiable words or actions of my client in the midst of a horrible addiction are solely his own and have no connection to anyone in his family.”
“An extensive, five-year long investigation conducted by the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) concluded this week, which resulted in my client taking responsibility for two instances of misdemeanor failure to file tax payments, as well as a firearm charge, which will be subject to a pretrial diversion agreement. As his attorney through this entire matter, I can say that any suggestion the investigation was not thorough, or cut corners, or cut my client any slack, is preposterous and deeply irresponsible,” he added.
It now remains to be seen if the plea deal holds up in court, thereby letting the president’s son escape prison time for the three misdemeanor charges brought against him.